E!News: Ella turned 8 months old this weekend. She also went to the park for the very first time for Uncle Peter's Birthday. She loves to be outside, but her poor little eyes are always squinted (blue eyes are so sensitive!). She's decided that 9-11pm is the best time to play and squeals and laughs and doesn't want to go to bed. Grandma gave her a book light to play with in bed. I watched it glow and float across the ceiling for about 45 minutes until it finally stopped. I turned it off and threw a blanket over my little stink bug!
Yesterday, in Relief Society, she spied the little Down Syndrome gal in my parents ward who carries a baton and leads (unofficially) the songs from her chair. Ella started waving her arms with her, and then this sweet Down Syndrome Sister saw what she was doing and they had their own little waving and leading session together. It brought tears to my eyes.
Last night she got her hands on a Red Vine. Yum! The pink saliva spread across her cheeks immediately as she gummed it in delight. Not wanting to get her clothes stained or encourage a sugar habit, I took the red vine away and witnessed her first tantrum/meltdown. It was mild and short lived, but she sure wanted that Red Vine.
In other news, Grant's doing a little better. Very Very Very slowly, I think he's making progess. At least we haven't been in the hospital for a couple of weeks! We started planning a trip to Miami earlier this year, but kinda figured it wouldn't happen because of Grant's circumstances. Now we're hoping we might make it, but he has to pass the "Dinner and a movie" and "drive to Logan" challenge before I even dare put him on a plane. He has to be able to complete these two challenges without ending up in the ER after!
5 comments:
I think you will have to get Ella into music ASAP. She's probably going to be just as talented as her mom.
I absolutely LOVE this post. It's so fun to hear what Ella's been doing and it's good to hear the Grant is recovering (even slowly). Ugh! That picture. Could she be more adorable??????
Love the little moment with the conductor. :) And temper tantrums.... is it bad that I think they're ADORABLE!? lol (FOR NOW)
Seeing their little personality come out is so awesome!
Oh I just want to hold that sweet Ella! She is too darling for words!
Good luck to you and Grant! Hope he passes all necessary tests and that you two end up with a much needed vacation!!
Oh, Sarah! Where have I been? I guess I've just been holed up in my own little world and did not know about all you guys were going through! What the. . .? I read through all of the posts over the past 4 months and I just am amazed at your positive attitude. I'm glad Grant is slowly getting better. We will pray for you guys! Please let us help in any way. (We would love to tend Ella anytime.) She is absolutely A.DOR.ABLE!
Post a Comment