Friday, March 19, 2010

My Embarassing Moments

So I thoroughly enjoyed one of my friends blogs today, which listed some of her most embarassing moments. I almost created one of my own embarassing moments as I tried to read and eat my sandwich, because I almost choked. It was too funny.

Anyway....I don't have too many. I think I mostly block them from my memory because they're too embarassing or traumatic. But I do have a few.

Best Teacher in the World!

I've taught piano off and on for the last decade, sometimes having as many as 30 students. But at one point I just had three siblings from the same family. Their Mom decided she wanted them to have a recital, just the three, so I made some arrangements with a lady who has a nice living room and grand piano and told them to invite their extended family. The day before the recital was my cousin's wedding, and we had spent the whole day helping and partying (I blame you, Barbara and Ryan!). The next day I was so tired and gave myself permission to be lazy and relax. Well into my tv watching, this lady called and said "I have a family camped out on my front lawn waiting for you to arrive." I had completely forgot my students recital! I wasn't even dressed, makeupped, or had my hair done, but I got in my car and drove there as quick as I could. By this time they were all in the living room and had gone through the songs already without me. They then presented me with a wonderful Candy Graham poster, you know the kind with the candy bars that say things like "you are worth 100 grand." I'm not sure I ever made it up to them!

Dancing Queen

In high school I really really wanted to try out for the dance team, but I had never taken any dance classes in my life. But I had a plan, I signed up for beginning dance, and I was going to be a dancer by my senior year. The teacher of this class, as any of you who went to Bountiful High know, was the Jazz Dancer coach and she's no joke. She's very tough and serious and I'm not sure she liked me very well. We were learning a routine that had a kick in it where you throw your body back at the same time, kind of becoming a human table on one leg. She had us get into groups of 3 or four and dance for the rest of the class. I put my whole heart and soul into that kick, and without realizing what was happening, found myself flat on my back staring at the ceiling. The music and everyone else stopped and stared down at me, and then Jan glared and said "are you okay?" I don't even think we got to try it again, she just had the next group get up. And that was the end of my dancing career.....thank Goodness!

Dressed to Impress

So I was just starting to date this really cute guy. We were going to a football game and he was waiting for me to get ready. I put on my favoritist and most flattering black shirt, and busied around my apartment doing this and that as he watched. I even went to the parking lot and chatted with some of my neighbors. Finally I was ready to go, but he just stared at me with this silly grin. Then he said "you might want to go fix your shirt first." When I looked in the mirror, my shirt was inside out, and since it was black, my white cakey deodarant stains were there for the whole world to see. He still married me anyway.

Hope you have as good a laugh as I did!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love the black shirt story!! Awesome. And hey, that wasn't our fault...maybe a little. You did help with the chocolate bowls (biggest job ever) and I'm pretty sure I still owe you for that...would you like my first born? =) Just offering...

Candice said...

Thank you for sharing these! They were SO funny (and totally things I could see myself doing, especially forgetting the recital) and I feel a little more normal now!

Natalie said...

HAHAHA! I love it! Especially the last one. So cute. :)

If I get ambition I'll have to create my own embarrassing moments post. (if I can think of any)