So maybe I was in a sarcastic mood, or maybe I just didn't write cleverly enough, but I guess my last article about our anniversary was a little on the pessimistic side. I got called on the carpet by a good cous of mine, and then my Dad sent me an email titled "Attitude of Grattitude" and an article about a pioneer woman and all her hardships. How do you argue with that! Though I don't think my Dad's email was inspired by my somewhat dark little diatribe, I do get the point! I need to change my attitude, dig down deep, see the bright side of things, and get happy.
So I'm repenting. I deleted my last blog. Here's what I'm grateful for:
Family...really really great family (and friends), who have come to our rescue so often.
A good enough job that helps pay the bills, and good coworkers who help the time pass!
A beautiful healthy little girl, who always has a smile for her mommy even when she's sick or being drug out of bed.
A good husband who tries to do his best, is attentive and caring, and can make me laugh even when I'm really really upset.
There's more....but these are the biggies. All smiles and roses from here on.
5 comments:
Oh, Sarah, I love you! I don't think acknowleging hardship indicates a lack of gratitude - I think, actually, that hardship allows us to feel gratitude more keenly. And I know that you do feel gratitude keenly because of all the craziness your life has held! I love the way you look on the bright side and count your blessings. And I say: let's go hunting for clovers together =)
Glad to hear you picked your chin up, although I think sometimes we need to have a pity party... just a little one... once a month or so. We can "get it all out" and then resume life with greater hope and resolution. I can completely understand if your feeling worn out. Find something to rejuvenate yourself... a good yoga class does the trick for me. :)
Oh and thinking about what I am grateful for works for me too... thanks for the reminder, Sarah. :)
First of all HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Past the 7 year itch. woot woot! I DID see where you were coming from, and your post made me smile. You've certainly had your share of hardships.
That being said - how great to know you got it all out in the first 7 years!:) Now THAT is something to be grateful for.
You've proven that no matter what life throws you can get through it. I'm grateful for friends like you, who stand as an example of strength and a serve as a shoulder to cry on. I love you Sarah!
Thanks for the reminders of looking on the bright side!
Post a Comment